- Matchings and allocations under preferences, mostly focusing on stable b-matchings, Pareto b-matchings and Pareto-allocation
- Applications of matchings under preferences to mechanism design especially in B2B settings
- Polyhedral combinatorics and integer programming, mostly focusing on multi-index assignment problems and multiple all-different predicates
- Optimisation and digitisation of manufacturing, productivity analysis and performance evaluation
The group conducts research in the aforementioned areas, aiming at both high-quality journal publications and research funding allowing broad collaborations with academic and industrial organisations. In this context, the group’s agenda includes the following:
- Structural properties for key problems combinatorial optimisation, mainly but not exclusively in the form of polyhedral analysis.
- Design of combinatorial algorithms and optimisation methods based on integer programming, which partly exploit the structural properties of the problem in hand.
- Development of optimisation software, normally problem-specific but with an emphasis on components that remain transferrable within broad problem classes.
- Applying optimisation tools and services in real-life settings for decision support, relying on well-structured user requirements and accompanying technologies for monitoring and data analytics.